While a lot of people have heard about herbal remedies for reducing high blood pressure, others are relieved whenever they do learn about them. This is because these people had thought that the only way in which to reduce high blood pressure was by taking prescription medications.
Many of these medications have caused people to become overweight and suffer from multiple other complications as well. On the other hand, the herbal remedies that are used for high blood pressure have few if any side effects (such as cramps, dry mouth, fatigue, impotence, insomnia and mood swings) and are usually a lot less expensive than prescription medications.
How Herbs Work
The herbs that are used for reducing high blood pressure will lower your stress level, stimulate blood circulation and help your heart be able to pump blood more easily. Of course, you will need to make sure that you are taking the right dosage of a high quality of herb in order to reap the desired effects.
The Top Herbal Remedies for High Blood Pressure
There are several herbs that are being used to lower a person’s high blood pressure today. These include:
1. Garlic not only lowers blood pressure but also works as an anticoagulant to stop blood clotting. It works by widening your blood vessels and encouraging good circulation. This herb will also facilitate less cholesterol being released into your blood. Therefore, it is a good nutrient for preventing heart disease and other heart-related issues.
2. Hawthorn will restore and stimulate your heart and arterial circulation. It will also help to regulate and balance your entire cardiovascular system and promote good cholesterol levels by relaxing your blood vessels and increasing your heart’s metabolism, which will improve the blood supply to the heart. Furthermore, Hawthorn can be used to treat heart disease and its various symptoms, mild heart-muscle weakness, angina and arrhythmia. This is why a lot of herbalists call this the “world’s best cardiac tonic.”
3. Coleus will lower high blood pressure and can be used to treat mild cases of congestive heart failure.
4. Motherwort will not only regulate high blood pressure and its accompanying rapid heartbeat but it will also tone your heart. Studies have also shown that it will effectively reduce cholesterol levels
5. Bilberry contains anthocyanosides and other compounds that will strengthen your blood vessels’ walls and aid in circulation, which will increase blood flow.
6. Ginger will inhibit the production of cholesterol by the liver, which is where 85% of cholesterol is made. It also decreases PAF (plate-activating factor) activity and thus reduces your chances for having a heart attack or stroke.
7. Cayenne helps to regulate the heart and both high and low blood pressure. It improves blood circulation and increases the heart’s activity without increasing your blood pressure.
8. Turmeric contains cur cumin, which is an antioxidant that. Cur cumin has antioxidant properties that help to improve blood flow and make your blood vessels stronger.
9. Gingko Biloba is good for dilating your arteries and improving upon your blood’s circulation so as to lower high blood pressure.
10. Maitake is a Chinese mushroom that is commonly used to lower both the systolic and the diastolic cholesterol levels.
11. Arjuna Bark has been studied a lot and shown to have positive effects on cardiovascular health without having any side effects.
12. Yarrow contains substances that can not only lower your blood pressure but also lower your lipids as well. There have been studies done that have shown that after using yarrow consistently for two months, both systolic and diastolic blood pressure will significantly decrease.
13. Seaweed extracts such as kelp and laminaria contain blood pressure reducing chemicals such as histamine, which are used in some hypertension drugs. One Japanese study has actually shown that kelp extract can significantly lower a person’s blood pressure without causing any side effects whatsoever.
Herbal remedies for high blood pressure are one of the safest and most effective ways in which to lower your blood pressure. This is why you should take some time to get to know these various herbal remedies.