The much vaunted and “cursed” term “cellulite” affects seven in eight women worldwide, causes panic and is one of the main research areas in the cosmetics industry. Take deep breaths, get prepared with courage and of course the right “arsenal” to banish it or at least reduce it as much as possible.
Harness the … nightmare!
Cellulite is persistent and threatens our image. Diets, gyms, lotions, machines, and when we think we succeeded, at last, there it is again the hated enemy that makes our skin to look like “peeled orange” and our nerves, especially during the summer, snapping! Even the word “cellulite” creates panic, not only because we know that the ugly scars threaten all our efforts for good body, but mostly because we do not know what to do in order to treat it.
What causes cellulite?
To feel better, the phenomenon of cellulite is the deposition of water and fat between the skin. It is a “nightmare” that affects thin women as well, not just those with a ‘juicy’ silhouette. It is created by poor local blood supply that makes the fat cells of the affected area not well fed. Consequently, the body, instead of burning the fat, it stores it in adipocytes. The abnormal accumulation of fat causes increase in volume of adipocytes which in turn compress the blood vessels and cause a problem in the microcirculation.
In order to be fit for the summer, start using slimming products three months before going to the beach.
- Replace your daily moisturizing lotion with a special cream for tightening against cellulite. Boost its effect with a serum. Use larger quantity where there is intense problem!
- Use them together with anti-cellulite formula products, especially during the night.
- Massage the key points on a daily basis, either in the shower with a scrub and massage in the upward direction or after the shower with a serum against cellulite on a dry skin.
- If you are going out, act promptly and effectively. Cover any cellulite stretch marks and scars with the necessary amount of a makeup for body at exactly the same tone as your skin and always on top of body moisturizer.
Cellulite can be affected by heredity and hormones and there are not many things we can do about these. However, we can take some effective measures to improve the external “traces” of cellulite and act effectively in order to prevent it. A diet based on balance and variety including fruits and vegetables, whole grains and legumes is essential. Moreover, it is important to enhance physical activity and regular hydration.
Particularly, on the subject of nutrition, experts point out that, although a diet rich in fat and low in fiber, antioxidants and water can cause cellulite, no single food or other habit is responsible for its appearance and there is no scientific evidence that links it to the consumption of specific foods, such as sugar, sweets, soft drinks, coffee, etc. What is important is to maintain a balance in your diet and to keep exercising!
4 things you must do against cellulite
- Enrich your diet. Include in your daily diet plenty of fruits and vegetables. They are diuretic, they cause satiety, they have few calories, they help to improve metabolism and enhance the natural glow of the skin.
- Reduce glucose intake. Sugar increases blood glucose leading to the deposition of excess fat in the body and increase in the appearance of the “orange peel” on your skin.
- Remove saturated fats from your diet. This includes all sorts of animal fat such as cream, butter, mayonnaise and full fat dairy products. Also avoid big meals and prefer small and often meals (5 per day), avoiding dinner after 9 pm.
- Limit smoking and alcohol. That “one more cup” of alcohol is responsible for the extra pounds in your silhouette and for the increase of cellulite. The “dangerous” combination of alcohol and smoking creates free radicals in the body cells, including those of the skin.